I’m still in awe that it feels like spring instead of winter here in MN. Easter is always a crap shoot on if you’ll be wearing a cute skirt or your dang parka. This year it looks like a skirt!
I’m loving this early spring. It gives me hope. I’m not sure of what. It’s more of a general hopeful feeling. Good for the soul I tell ya.
Do you have spring holiday plans? If you happen to be going to an Easter, Passover, or just a spring dinner party, here are some of my favorite dishes from the blog and what I’m eying from other blogs. They all travel well and don’t require a lot of last minute detail. Perfect items to bring along to go with the main course! I’m guessing they’ll impress your family and friends as well.
- Apricot Mostarda -I’ve almost forgotten about this super tasty dish. It’s easy to make ahead and all you need to do is put it out with some bread or crackers once you arrive at your party destination. Easy peasy!
- Hummus – Hummus is always in season. Pair it with some orange carrots, green sugar snap peas and red bell pepper and you have one beautiful platter.
- I’ve been drooling over this Roasted Beet and Orange Salad by my friend Laurie. It’s so pretty! If only I get get Brette to become a fan of beets…
- French Potato Salad – Tangy, delicious, and springy. This recipe got me to like potato salad, which is saying something.
- A mixed green salad topped with Maple Mustard Dressing. It still reigns as my favorite dressing ever. If you haven’t tried it, do so now before Maple Syrup prices skyrocket.
- I’m going to bring something similar to this Strawberry Spinach Salad. It was a request from the in-laws and I hate to disappoint.
- Last year, I went with this Brussels Sprouts Salad from Joy the Baker and it was delish.
- How cute are these Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a Jar from Oh She Glows? If you want to make them and have me taste test, I’m game!
- Carrot Cake -This cake is amazing. You can make it all the day before with no problem. Your friends and family will leave with a sugar coma so great, they’ll beg for you to make it again.
- Chocolate Peppermint Whoopie Pies – You could take this a step further and dye the filing green. Nothing says spring like green!
Do you have plans for a spring holiday gathering? What are you making/bringing/eating??