In July I took one of the best vacations of my life with my best girlfriends.
Pictured below; Christina, Me, Jenny, Sarah and Heather.
We have been friends for 10-14 years. 4 out of 5 of us are band nerds and met in the University of Minnesota Marching Band =) We all played clarinet. I love these girls and feel so lucky to have them in my life.
For several years now we have planned a girls weekend up north at a cabin. We usually hole up for 2-3 days in the dead of winter, cooking, drinking, watching chick flicks, reading trashy magazines and laughing a lot. Though this year, we upped the ante and took a girls weekend trip to Napa, CA!
I have so much blog content! So similar to the Spain posts, there will be a series of posts on this adventure.
First up – the highlights.
- July 4th Fireworks in San Fransisco – We left on the 4th and arrived in time to have dinner on the wharf and catch the patriotic display. What is it about seeing fireworks somewhere else that makes it so much better?
- Driving into Napa – The drive into wine country is beautiful and we all sighed and giggled as we arrived.
- Breakfast at Boon Fly Cafe – Killer food and Bacon Bloody Mary’s! What?!?!
- Lunches at a Vineyard – One of our favorites Hanna Winery
- Dinner at Solbar – Amazing California style food. Fresh, fabulous, peak-season = Aweseome!
- Laughing Hard – Seriously my sides hurt for a few days after we returned0
- Uninterrupted Sleep – Three of us have had babies within the last year. So the opportunity to sleep all night without having to get up was priceless.
How about you? Do you regularly get away with your girlfriends or your sisters?