This week’s CSA showcased quite a variety of vegetable and fruits. We definitely have all of the colors of the rainbow represented in our kitchen. Awesomesauce.
Here’s what’s in our kitchen (with a bit of commentary where needed, of course):
- New Potatoes
- Green Top Carrots
- Sweet Spanish Onions – I have other potatoes at home too so am thinking about a tortilla Española.
- Italian Garlic
- Golden Chard
- Amaranth – I can’t get enough of this green! There was an extra bunch in the swap box, so I snagged that one too.
- Yellow Beans
- Cucumbers – This might mean gazpacho is in order.
What should I make with all these veggies?
- Apricots – Not my favorite fruit but they are ready to eat. Maybe these will change my mind.
- Ranier Cherries – I’m probably most excited about these. I cannot get enough cherries.
- Mango (Tommy Atkins) – These are huge! They are not quite ripe yet
- White Babcock Peaches – I might actually bake with these. Any suggestions?
- Yellow Honey Blaze Nectarine
- Santa Rosa Plums – We’ve already eaten most of them and they are delicious!
- Sugraone Grapes – Green and gorgeous.
What produce are you enjoying lately?
Previous CSA posts:
csa friday #4