Folks, we are headed into the heart of peak produce season here in Minnesota. These next two months are going to be amazing for plant-based meals. I can.not.wait.
Last night’s CSA pick-up was amazing as they all have been. I fall in love with our box of goodies every time.
Here’s what we’ll be eating for the next week or so.
- White Cipollini Onions
- Fresh Garlic – I cannot get enough!
Sugar Snap peas
- Red Beets – Brette dies a little inside at the mere mention of beets, so these will be 100% mine.
- Fennel – I’m thinking of grilling them. Anyone tried that?
- Sweetheart Cabbage - According to the newsletter, it is sweet, mild and delicious. I’m looking forward to finidng out.
- Broccoli – I’m thinking about making some sort of soup with it.
- Arugula – Brette’s fav. He can have that while I eat the beets.
- Amaranth – I can’t get enough of this beautiful green (though’ it’s really red). Since discovering it in our box a few weeks ago, I’ve sought it out at the farmer’s market. I cook it with onion, garlic and a few splashes of vinegar.
- Flame Grapes – red grapes don’t last long around me.
- Yellow Peaches – grilled peaches? That sounds good.
- Pineapple – This may also get grilled.
- Pluots – these are so different from the first ones we received. These are more like the shape of a nectarine.
- White nectarines
- Valencia Oranges – the summer orange!
- Hass Avocado – yes! We love avocados. I have 4 of these beauties. Guacamole might be in order.
The hardest part of getting all this lovely produce is deciding what to eat first!
What produce are you loving right now?
Previous CSA Posts: