Will I ever get bored with the CSA? Doubtful. Boxes of beautiful produce area always welcome in my home.
This weeks devliery did not dissapoint. Surprised?
Here’s what the fridge looked like after:
And the countertop:
The yellowy tomato looking things are persimmons. My first one!
- Portugese Kale – This is large and leafy. I don’t think I’ve had it before. Apparently the stalks are edible too if you peel them.
- Sweet Potatoes – I haven’t used my sweet potatoes from the last pick-up. I think I feel a pot of soup coming on.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red Onion
- Red Russian Garlic
- Beauty Heart Radish
- Sugar Dumpling Squash
- Romanesco – more dinosaur looking cauliflower!
- Salad Mix
- Thomcord Grapes – a cross between a Thompson Green Grape and the Concord Grape
- Valencia Oranges – I hope these stop the cold I feel coming on!
- Fuji Apples
- Emerald Beaut Plums
- Persimmons – I have never had one of these. So curious. It looks like an orange tomato.
- Kiwi – How do you eat a kiwi? Brette eats the whole thing – skin and all – claiming it’s too much work to peel such a small fruit. I tend to peel and slice.
- Haas Avocados – I will never get sick of a big avocado supply.
- Warren Pears