25 things – meghan
To kick off our “meet the contributor”
series, here are all sorts of interesting facts about my friend (and sometimes twin), Meghan.
25 things that may or may not have to do with food and exercise that may or may not be humorous.
That is one helluva shroom!
- I had a job in college that enabled me to tour every single theme park from North Carolina to Canada and back- I’m a roller coaster pro – what? I would be jealous too.
- While touring for said job in Canada they already had veggie dogs at their hot dog vendors in Toronto-yeah that is RAD!
- I wish I could create a work space that enabled me to bicycle all day – you know like those walking work stations but a bike station instead.
- I’ve been a vegetarian for 17 years. In that time I have had shrimp, scallops and crab legs more than once and felt bad everytime. I also took up fishing this past summer. Feel free to judge.
- I compost. Then drink 7up out of a can to compliment my whiskey. Again, feel free to judge.
- I do what I can to take care of our resources and the animals on this planet but nobody is perfect.
- I bike on my trainer in the basement while watching The Amazing Race dreaming up ways to win the million.
- The only two people in my life who I would do The Amazing Race with want nothing to do with it.
- I gave up dairy a month ago and I’ve never had more energy in my life. Well maybe when I was 5 but who remembers that?
- Tiramisu and Tres Leches owned my heart when I ate dairy and would be a good reason for me to eat dairy again.
- At my first job in Minnesota I was obsessed with peanut butter. I would eat a spoonful at 4 p.m. everyday to fuel me up for the gym. My colleagues bought it in gallon sizes for me as a joke – it was the best!
- I read cookbooks like novels and own more than I can keep up with.
- I did a triathlon once. Pretty sure I did the doggie paddle the entire swim. This, even after I had a professional coach. Thanks Mr. Z-sorry to be your worst student of all time.
- Based on outcomes of #13 I now do duathlons and LOVE them.
- I am a horrible runner. Every other year I actually like running… which means every other year I don’t. This year I like it!
- That may have something to do with the fact that T-dogg bought me a Garmin Forerunner for x-mas and I am straight up GEEKED about it!
- I hated olives until I lived with Beth in college. Now they are one of my most favorite foods.
- My ex-boyfriend is still one of my best friends – that rules!
- Biking is hands down, 100% what I would rather be doing at any given moment on any given day.
- I met the love of my life while biking.
- The first CD I owned was Vanilla Ice, the second was Ooooooohhh…On the TLC Tip. RIP Left Eye.
- I could eat an avocado every day for the rest of my life and never ever get sick of them.
- I had a boyfriend once who called me mango due to my obsession with the fruit-it is my favorite nickname to this day.
- I’m not a mid-westerner and it is painfully obvious everyday.
- However, I LOVE Minnesota and imagine I will be here for a while.